Monday, April 29, 2013

Why is There So Much Hate for Skaters?

(Before you read, just know that I am not talking about everybody north of Pleasure Island, but I am talking about a lot of people from up there who think they own everything down here and who think they can talk to us like we are dogs. Viewer Discretion Is Advised.)

Ok, so, we live at the beach right? What does the youth do at the beach and the surrounding area? Surf and skate. Plain and simple. I get yelled at like at least two or three times a week just for skating on the sidewalk! Its usually tourists. And if its not Michiganders, its just drunk locals! I don't know what you guys from north of the island are thinking but we are not the good ol' southern boys you think we are down here. We live at the beach and do beach things and if you can't get used to it, go back to Foley where you came from! I guess some people are just to ignorant to know what to expect when they come down here. And the one thing that really pisses me off, is that if I was riding a bike in the same places I skate, people wouldn't pay any mind to what we were doing but if I'm on a skateboard, God forbid, I'm automatically doing something bad. So yeah I am going to start treating you off-islanders like you treat me. If you start something you got another thing coming, Dude.


No comments:

Post a Comment