Wednesday, March 13, 2013

In Loving Memory of Hunter Sorensen Hale

I lost one of my best friends on Sunday. He was doing something we all love to do. Skating. He and another one of my friends were bombing parking garage ramps at the condos on the beach. He was hit by an SUV going the speed limit down the beach road. Everyone has suffered a major loss.On monday, the day after, my whole school had an assembly dedicated to him. We all came together to grieve. He was loved by everyone. Since then, nobody has even thought about skating or felt right doing it.
Several people have been talking about some kind of get together at the hangout in Gulf Shores. Everyone is supposed to bring their longboards/skateboards/Penny boards and skate to Wintzell's, where the accident took place. I think this a great idea. I think this would be a great way to motivate everyone to get back on their boards. Hunter wouldn't have wanted us to stop doing what we love and I'm sure he will be there in spirit, skating on his Penny with all of us.
If there are any locals reading this, please spread the word. We have such a gigantic population of skaters. Thank you all.

God Rest Your Soul Hunter Sorenson Hale

3/10/13

2 comments: