Monday, February 18, 2013

My Personal Favorite

     Well, this week's article is about the board I am getting this summer. It is specially made for downhill along with a sick deck design. It is known as the Fullbag Speedcarver Drop. It is truly a super-natural gift from God. This Canadian-made longboard has a perfect body in my opinion. And most of my skate apparel is red and black anyways so I think this board is just right for me.
     By now, you have probably already guessed that the board is made of maple wood. It is 43" in length and 10" in width. Since I am going to by the deck only and put it together myself, I am going to put Bear Grizzly trucks on my board. Bear trucks have proven to be sturdy, durable trucks and many people use them for downhill longboarding. And as far as wheels go, I will probably use Abec 11 Monsters with Bones Ceramic bearings. As far as the bushings go, I am still undecided as to whether I should get them or not. I will have to see the board first.
     My reference to Fullbag boards is Patrick "P-Swiss" Switzer. Many people know him from the IGSA or downhill Grand-Prix. He also has the world record for fastest longboard slide. There is no doubt he is my biggest inspiration for longboarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment